Simple Control 4.5 Now Available!
Simple Control is now available in 3 editions:
- Simple Control Home is the newest member of the family and recommended as the primary entry point for Home and Do-It-Yourself users.
- Simple Control System (previously Simple System) is for customers of integrators/dealers.
- Simple Control One allows individual device purchases with guides and a limited feature set suitable for small installations or basic trials.
Users of the original Simple Control Legacy app (available in the purchased tab of the App Store to original purchasers) continue to enjoy all functionality of that edition. No upgrades or new purchases are needed. Legacy users choosing to upgrade to Home to enjoy new features may rest assured that their Simple Service subscription is fully transferable and can be used for the remaining period of their subscription in the new Simple Control Home app. Further upgrade information may be found below.
Simple Control apps are available on the App Store. Choose from three editions including a free trial edition, a build-as-you-go edition or a complete system that offers all of the Simple Control features.
Review the chart below to learn more about the three Simple Control app editions.
Simple Control One
Simple Control Home
Simple Control System
|App Description||Free Trial Edition||Build-As-You-Go Edition||Complete Home Control Edition|
|Details||Try before you buy. Allows free control of one media device such as DIRECTV, DISH or TiVo without guides.||A-la-carte edition allowing users to purchase the number of devices they wish to control, add media guides, and add advanced Simple Hub and Simple Multihome features as desired.||Complete package that includes media guides, control of up to 100 devices, advanced Simple Hub features and advanced Simple Multihome features.|
|App Store Cost||Free||$9.99||Free
Requires Simple System license available via authorized resellers offering installation services.
|Devices Controlled||1 media player or set-top box without guides (devices with guides can be added in-app for $4.99 each)||3
(additional devices can be added with the purchase of a Simple Service subscription)
|Simple Service||N/A||Simple Store or In-App Purchase||First Year Included|
|Simple Hub License||N/A||Simple Store or In-App Purchase||Included|
|Simple Multihome License||N/A||Simple Store or In-App Purchase||Included|
Simple Hub has also been updated to 4.5 on all platforms (macOS, tvOS, iOS, appliance), the version numbers of all products have been normalized. All Simple Control and Simple Hub instances in your environment must be upgraded to version 4.5 with this release. Environments using a previous version will be ignored and vice versa.
Major New Features in Simple Control Home and Simple Control System
Multiple Homes, Location Sharing, Users, and Permissions
- Integrators: Manage all of your client locations and even edit them remotely. Reduce your truck rolls by easily switching to any client configuration to assist with usage or make changes right from the app.
- End Users: Manage multiple homes! Switch easily between your homes and control them remotely.
- Invite: Invite your integrator, significant other, children and babysitter to control each location.
- Permissions: Designate Owner/Administrator/Guest permission for access to each location. Make sure the babysitter can’t delete your living room and your integrator has all the access needed to grow your configuration.
Each location requires Simple Hub. Multihome features require a Simple System or Simple Multihome License.
Simple Hub for iOS
Home and System apps can now become a Simple Hub running locally on your iOS device. Using a dedicated, powered iOS device (Guided Access is recommended to prevent errant iOS notifications) now provides a convenient way to enjoy the features of Simple Hub.
Additional Improvements in Simple Control Home and Simple Control System
- Run from Simple Hub: Activities can now be executed by Simple Hub rather than your iOS device. For instance, initiating a particularly long running Activity on an iOS device may not complete if the device were locked during the execution. Marking an Activity to Run from Simple Hub ensures the Activity will always complete.
- Added support for Sony CIS-IP v2 devices: Includes the STR DN-1070 receiver and other devices.
- Blaster Firmware Updates: Both Simple Blaster and Roomie Blaster units now integrate firmware updates directly from the app.
- Bose SoundTouch: Automatic discovery, control and media feedback for Bose SoundTouch speaker products.
- Nest Thermostat, NestCam, and Nest Protect Updated Support: Improved pairing process. Nest Protect can now be used as a trigger. If you have previously associated your Nest account in your configuration, add Nest as a new device for the updated features.
- NestCam Animated Images: Provides animated images for NestCam events and launches the Nest app to a specific event when tapped. NestCam animated images automatically update whenever motion is detected on the camera.
Upgrade Information for Simple Control Legacy
Simple Control Legacy (previously Roomie Remote) has been updated to provide compatibility with the new Simple Hub and all functionality continues unchanged. No purchase or upgrade is necessary. Original purchasers may download Simple Control Legacy from the purchased tab of the App Store. Simple Control Home is the modern replacement.
Simple Multihome License, Simple Hub for iOS, and other new 2016 features are not supported in Simple Control Legacy and require an upgrade to the Simple Control Home or Simple Control System apps.
Simple Control Home recognizes existing Simple Service subscriptions automatically whether purchased inside the Legacy app or via the Simple Store website. If your in-app Simple Service subscription from the Legacy app is not recognized by Simple Control Home, make sure Legacy is installed on the same iOS device and use the Restore Purchases button in the Legacy app. Then, open Simple Control Home.
To transfer a Simple Service subscription from Legacy to Home, first disable renewal of the original subscription in the Apple ID settings on your iOS device. Then, subscribe anew in Home by your renewal date. Transferring a Simple Service subscription made via the Simple Store website does not require any steps, just Sign In to the Home app using your Simple Control Account.
To avoid redundant background processing, Background App Refresh should be disabled (inside the iOS Settings app) for the Simple Control Legacy app if it is installed on the same iOS device as Simple Control Home. Also make sure to disable the older watchOS app and Widget. The configuration on your iOS device will be transferred automatically.
Comments are closed here.