Roomie Remote 2.2 with Dish IP Control and DVR Guide Now Available!
Roomie Remote 2.2 is Now Available on the App Store! The changes in this release are summarized here.
- Virtual Remote Customization: The order of the panels and feedback on Virtual Remotes may now be re-arranged. This provides a simple and fast customization method. The Mapped Remotes option allowing total layout control introduced in 2.1 provides complete layout control for more advanced customization.
- Dish Hopper/Joey IP Control and Auto-Discovery: Dish Hopper, Joey, and SuperJoey receivers are now controlled entirely via IP including guide integration.
New Features with Roomie Service:
- Dish Hopper/Joey DVR Guide: Browse and play recorded programs on your Hopper or Joey.
- Estimote Support: Proximity Automation now enables using the Estimote beacon instead of a private beacon for easy integration of Estimote iBeacons.
- Location Links: Backing up to the Roomie Service now provides a Recovery Email option which allows easy switching between multiple configurations as well as a complete restoration to a fresh copy of Roomie. The Roomie URL scheme has also been enhanced to allow switching entire configurations, for example:
- XBMC Played Status: Played/Unplayed status may now be set for programs from the Media Guide.
- Row End markers may now be added to the Top Bar in the Remote Design editor.
- Toggle Mode Activities now provide an option not to reset on System Off.
- Optimizations to Auto-Discovery that fix issues with retrieving some lighting device manifests.
- Optimized Wi-Fi Synchronization Activity updates. They should now be more reliable and synchronize even faster. Make sure to update to Roomie Agent 1.3.0+ as well.
- Added one-time deprecation warnings for iOS 6 and the L5 scheduled for September 2014.
- Added Reset Diagnostics button.
- Fixed DirecTV discovery issue with duplication of devices.
- Fixed POWER TOGGLE commands used in Toggle Mode Activities with Track Power State turned on.
- Fixed auto-detection issue with Pioneer 2013 receiver models.
- Fixed tab switching issue in Prevent Editing mode on iPhone screens.
- Fixed issues with Proximity Automation.
- Various additional fixes.
Configurations are updated by this version. All Roomies sharing a configuration should be upgraded to this release. Systems running iOS 5 may continue running Roomie 1.9.3. However, Wi-Fi Synchronization should be disabled on older Roomie versions. Roomie Remote for iOS 5 is also available as a separate app on the App Store.
Comments are closed here.