Roomie Remote Launches on the App Store with Next Generation Home Theater Control
Los Altos, CA, September 8, 2011 – Cyphersoft, a Silicon Valley startup specializing in home theater control and automation software, today announced Roomie Remote 1.0 for iOS is now available on the App Store. Roomie introduces the ability to detect many home theater components automatically without additional hardware and create configurations entirely on an iOS device including the iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch.
Roomie’s direct component integration delivers the holy grail of home theater control: two-way feedback. No longer must users wonder what input a receiver is on or what the volume level is. Roomie detects the information automatically to provide interactive displays. Roomie also supports traditional infrared devices with the addition of palm-sized adapters that require neither line of sight to components nor coffee table gadgetry.
“Roomie was designed from the ground up to disrupt the barriers holding back home theater control and automation,” said Will Price, Founder and CEO of Cyphersoft. “With Roomie’s support for direct IP connections, extensive library of supported devices, integrated TV listings, deep support for popular Roku and TiVo devices, easy to use interface, and high-end home theater grade adapters, we’re providing the first truly next generation universal remote solution in decades.”
Roomie Remote highlights include:
- Support for direct IP, infrared, and serial devices with over 60,000 updated codes for virtually all types of home theater equipment
- Deep Roku player and TiVo DVR integration ties receivers, televisions, and media players into one advanced control system
- Extensive direct IP support can eliminate the need the additional hardware
- Two way feedback support breaks the barriers of control providing interactive displays to users not possible with one way solutions
- Integrated TV listings personalized to a user’s channel lineup and components
- Infrared adapters that fit in the palm of your hand, don’t require line of sight, don’t require batteries, and don’t take up coffee table space
- All configuration is built-in to the Roomie Remote app without any need for web design sites or desktop apps
- Full iPad and Retina display support for a real command and control high-quality experience
Pricing & Availability
Roomie Remote is $9.99 on the App Store. Roomie starts with support for basic theaters with 1 room and 2 devices. Upgrades to unlimited devices and unlimited rooms are available via the Home Theater Pack In App Purchase for $19.99. Upgrades to support infrared adapters are available via the Infrared Control Pack In App Purchase for $5.99.
About Cyphersoft, LLC
Cyphersoft is a Silicon Valley startup founded in 2010 as a producer of high quality, easy to use home theater control and automation software for Apple’s iOS platform. Based in the heart of Silicon Valley between the offices of Facebook and Google, Cyphersoft’s mission is to integrate home theater and home automation with the power of today’s platforms via next generation functionality and user interface.
Comments are closed here.